Friday, March 11, 2011

Fabulous Room(s) Friday 03.11.11

I’ve been going back and forth between my two favorite rooms in the newest issue of Lonny, trying to decide which one to feature as this week’s Fabulous Room. Finally, I figured, why not do both?

Jennifer Bander’s den (pictured above) has so many rich, sumptuous textures. I love the hand painted wallpaper as well as the crushed velvet upholstery on the sofas. The color of the built-ins lends a perfect amount of color to the room without being too loud. I also love that the backs of the shelves are covered with mirrors. They not only help to make the space seem larger, but they add a bit of glamour. I would have liked to see them incorporate a few different types of pillows instead of using so many of one pattern, though.

I am crazy about this amazing dining nook designed by Christina Murphy and Meg Gabriele. The high-gloss black finish on the window frames and bench is so glamorous. The addition of the ikat pillows and the Goodman Hanging Lights from Circa Lighting gives the space a young, eclectic feel. It’s the perfect setting for starting out the day!

So, which of the spaces is your favorite? Why?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

 

{Image Source: Lonny Magazine}